Tuesday, November 25, 2008

Stuffed Cranberry Sauce

Every Thanksgiving, I poured through cookbooks and scavenged the Internet for a new cranberry relish recipe, or cranberry sauce recipe. I prepared my newest conquest and after the meal was complete, I still had 2 gallons of my cranberry dish left. But, open a can of that jellied cranberry sauce and the bowl was licked clean. One day, I found the following recipe by Paula Dean. I love it. It is a great way to jazz up the dreaded canned cranberry sauce and everyone loves it.

Stuffed Cranberry Sauce

1 8-ounce package of cream cheese, softened
1 tablespoons of a good quality mayonnaise (I like Hellman's)
1/4 cup chopped pecans
1 can jellied cranberry sauce, chilled

Beat the cream cheese with an electric mixer until light and fluffy. Add mayonnaise and mix well. Fold in the pecans.

Open the cranberry sauce and remove from the can in one piece. Slice in 1/4 inch slices. I usually get about 8 to 10 slices. Lay 1/2 of the slices flat. Divide cream cheese mixture evenly among those slices. Place the remaining slices on top and press lightly. Cut each sandwich in half and plate it up.

Yummy!

1 comment:

Carrie said...

Dawn this was so yummy! I was going to ask for this recipe, I am so glad you posted it! Thank you!!!